Why do I have to pay Association Fees?

All owners are required to pay Association Fees by the governing documents of their Association. These fees are due annually. They fund the operation and maintenance of the common property and are used to provide services for the benefit of all owners.

What do the Association Fees cover?

Association fees pay for common area landscape maintenance, repairs, maintenance and management of pool, playground repairs and up keep of equipment, street lights, legal fees (deed restriction enforcement/collections), management, insurance (D&O and common areas), water/sewer for the common areas, electric for the common areas, pest control for the common areas, activities, etc. and they provide for improvements desired by the Association for services to the owners.

How do I pay the Association Fees?

Homeowners must pay their dues by check or money order.

To whom do I make my check payable?

Your check should be made payable to your Association.

What does the Association do?

The Association is a non-profit corporation managed by a Board of Directors elected by the owners. The Board is responsible for the management of the Association’s funds, the enforcement of the deed restrictions, and the maintenance of common area property.

What is a “managing agent”?

The managing agent is a company that is engaged by the Board of Directors. The managing agent attends to the day-to-day operation of the Association and implements the policies and decisions as determined by the Board of Directors. Consolidated Management’s sole business is serving Associations as Managing Agent.

What is the managing agent’s authority?

The managing agent has no authority except as conferred by the Board of Directors. The managing agent does not make decisions; it implements the decisions of the Board.

What are the Governing Documents?

The “Governing Documents” for your association are the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (or Declaration of Condominium) plus any Rules and Regulations, Resolutions or guidelines that have been established by your association.

Where can I get a copy of the Governing Documents?

You received a copy at, or prior to, closing on your home. If you need another set, it is available at your Association’s page on this web site, www.cmsgroup.org or Consolidated Management at 281-296-9775. Your governing Documents are recorded instruments so they are also available through the County in which your Association is located.

What is a deed restriction?

It is part of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions that you agreed to when you bought your home. Through this document, you agreed to certain standards of maintenance, upkeep and behavior in order to make the community as attractive as possible for yourself and your neighbors, and to maintain or enhance your property values.

Why do I need to comply with the deed restrictions?

When you purchase a home in a deed restricted community you automatically agree to comply with the restrictions then in place or that are properly established. This ensures that the integrity of the community is maintained.

Why do I have to get permission for home improvement?

This better ensures that your intended improvement meets your community’s standards as set forth in the Governing Documents and avoids the problems that arise from the construction of improvements and the use of colors or styles that conflict with others in your neighborhood. To obtain an ACC form for improvements, contact Consolidated Management Services at 281-296-9775 or at your Association’s page on this web site, www.cmsgroup.org.

What is the “common area”?

It is the land for the use and enjoyment of the members of the Association. This includes facilities like pools, playgrounds and clubhouse, etc.

What is a resale certificate?

The resale certificate is a disclosure by the Association of the amount of the assessment and whether the Association may foreclose to collect the assessment. It further notifies the buyer whether the seller of the property has (or has not) paid all assessments that are due and whether there are any violations affecting the real property being sold.

What does the Association’s insurance cover?

The Association’s insurance includes property and casualty policies for all common area property and equipment. It also includes Liability and Director’s & Officers policies that cover Directors, Committee Members and volunteers working on behalf of the Association.

Are there any pet restrictions?

Most associations have pet restrictions. Because they can vary widely by community, please review the governing documents for the restrictions pertaining to your particular community. In addition to community restrictions, many counties (Harris County, in particular) have strongly enforced leash laws. Contact animal control at 281-999-3191.